6'0" Fish Eco Surfboard by Etc Boards
Each board is 100% uniquely handcrafted by Steve from etc surfboards.
The fish finger model stays true to its fish roots being wider and more buoyant than a performance board.
This makes them ideal for less than perfect and small surf days. That said, they still hold their own in bigger surf and are a lot of fun to ride regardless of the conditions. This board suits all skill levels however the more experienced you are the shorter I’d ride it.
The extra buoyancy from the XPS core also allows this board to be surfed in average and fat waves. Makes a great travel board if the airlines manage to damage it you can still surf it even if the XPS core is visible as it impervious to water.
The XPS is 15% more buoyant than EPS so these boards feel different to fiberglass however is a non-issue once you get used to them.
It is skinned in Paulownia wood (or an optional cork deck) and fitted with solid cork rails. Outside of fin boxes and leash plug the board contain no resin or fiberglass and is only finished with lanolin. The benefit of lanolin is that it becomes sticky when in salt water so greatly reduces the need for wax.
**APPROX 2-4 WEEKS BUILD TIME**
6’0” x 21½” x 2½” 39.5L
Twin Fin Futures
- Twin Futures Boxes - XPS Core - Paulownia Skins - Cork Rails
- Twin Futures Boxes - XPS Core - Paulownia Skins - Cork Rails - Eco Cork Tail Pad (+ Extra $100)
- Twin Futures Boxes - XPS Core - Cork Rails - Cork Deck (No Surf Wax Needed!) (+ Extra $50)
Quad Fin Futures
- Quad Futures Boxes (Extra $40) - XPS Core - Paulownia Skins - Cork Rails
- Quad Futures Boxes - XPS Core - Paulownia Skins - Cork Rails - Eco Cork Tail Pad (+ Extra $100)
- Quad Futures Boxes - XPS Core - Cork Rails - Cork Deck (No Surf Wax Needed!) (+ Extra $50)
IMPORTANT INFO PLEASE NOTE BEFORE PURCHASING:
Build time can take up to 4 weeks and may vary.
All boards will vary in colours/patterns/appearance from the display pictures due to being uniquely handcrafted.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns :)
Our commitment to fighting climate change and ocean pollution:
Every time you shop and make a purchase on Surf Zero - 200kgs of carbon is offset and removed from the atmosphere, 1kg of plastic waste is removed from ocean bound areas and 3 trees are planted in reforestation projects around the world.
That's a massive positive impact on the planet from one purchase!