Scarfini fins are fast becoming one of the most highly rated performance surfboard fins around the globe.
The quality and performance of the Scarfini fins is a result of being handmade in South Africa. All Scarfini fins are individually handcrafted to precision to achieve the ultimate drive, response and overall performance from your surfboard. They don’t not mass produce their fins in China or Taiwan. All the Scarfini fin templates have been designed, tested, approved and used by pro surfers all around the world. Scarfini fins cater to all surfboards crafting their fins to be compatible with both FCS and Futures.
They manufacture a dedicated eco friendly fin range called the Eco Fin using bamboo and other eco friendly and sustainable composites.They also have the Air Fin range which is made from just 10% recycled compound and the other 90% is just air making it a game changer in fin performance, technology and sustainability.
The Scarfini story started in Italy with two brothers Jonathan and Denis who were passionate about extreme outdoor activities; Jonathan and Denis. After becoming hooked on surfing they began travelling in search of better waves and their priorities were orientated around this need of awesome surf.
Jonathan moved to the South African city of Durban with its tropical climate and consistent surf while the other brother, Denis, headed to Brazil for similar reasons. After a few short years Jonathan began to shape his own surfboards and fins in his backyard. And although his surfboards weren’t the greatest his fins were a hit and it wasn’t too long before his mates and other surfers were using them and then local shapers began demanding them for their local and international orders. At this point Jonathan had realised he had found a solid niche in the South African fin market and had his brother Denis move over to Durban and in 2003 they set out to become the best.
Since then the Scarfini fin brand has grown massively from strength to strength, being handmade in South Africa they driven by the passion for surfing!
Don’t forget that every time you purchase your Scarfini surfboard fins on Surf Zero you offset and remove 200kgs of carbon from our atmosphere, 1kg of plastic waste (approx 50 x 500ml plastic bottles) removed from ocean bound waterways and 3 trees are planted in reforestation projects around the world. That’s a massive impact from one purchase!